Advising Office Employment Opportunities
Apply online on the Advising Office Job Application page.
Advising Office Volunteer Opportunities
The Student Ambassadors are current business students who assist the college
with various recruitment activities throughout the year. They serve as hosts/greeters
at recruitment events, serve on student panels, give building tours to visiting
families and correspond with recruits through email and postcards.
Applications are not currently being accepted.
For more information:
Contact Mark Davis or stop by the Business Advising and Student Engagement office.
Become a Student Ambassador
The College of Business is seeking new members to represent the college
as Student Ambassadors. The Ambassadors selected will represent the college during
the academic school year. Their term of service will begin during the fall. Student
Ambassadors will have the opportunity to interact with current students, prospective
students and faculty at various recruitment activities throughout the academic school
year. This is a volunteer position.
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills
- Make meaningful connections with prospective students through sharing personal experiences and knowledge about the College of Business
- Opportunity to work closely with University staff and faculty
- Enhance personal resume
- Completed one semester in the College of Business
- Must currently be enrolled as a full-time student in the College of Business
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Must be available to assist with various recruitment activities
- Ability to relate to students from various regional, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to manage time commitments to ensure academic success and completion of Ambassador duties
Tier 1 Technician
Information Technology Services is seeking a Tier 1 IT Technician who is highly motivated and driven to provide excellence in customer service.
Primary responsibilities: Providing technical support to students and faculty/staff by email, phone, support tickets, or in person;
including troubleshooting problems with software, operating systems, computer hardware and network connections for faculty, staff and students.
Technicians are expected to maintain a broad and continually evolving knowledge of technology, policies, procedures and end user education.
$10.15 per hour. Up to 20 hours per week. Academic Year + Summer Hrs Possible.
Apply online at Technical Services Application.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate guidance and assistance in the operation of all hardware, software,
media, multimedia, and other equipment and technology supported by ITS, and resolve
problems or escalate as necessary.
- Proactively respond to walk-in and telephone inquiries by providing accurate answers
and solutions to common questions and problems, and escalating all other issues
as appropriate to help ensure a prompt and positive resolution for the end user.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting functions in ITS computer labs and
classrooms to ensure clean, productive working environments, and to resolve problems,
or escalate as appropriate.
- Closely follow timelines, checklists, and other reminders to ensure routine tasks
are properly and consistently completed.
- Enforce policies in ITS computer labs and classrooms.
- Maintain clean working spaces in all ITS computer labs and classrooms, as well as
in the User Services and storage areas of the ITS department.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of ITS.
- Continually build and improve job-related skills and knowledge, especially during
Infrastructure Technician I
Information Technology Services is seeking a highly motivated Infrastructure Technician I to provide computer support for Nebraska Business. The applicant must show maturity and attention to detail, as well as reliably provide technology support accurately and consistently. Pay is $11/hour for 15-25 hours per week (Monday-Friday). Work-study available.
- Image and prepare new computers. This will include working with Nebraska Business faculty, staff, and students to ensure proper software is installed before computer deployment.
- Troubleshoot escalated computer problems.
- Add/remove user accounts through Microsoft Active Directory.
- Opportunity to gain additional System Administrator responsibilities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, software, networking, printers, and servers
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills