Tier 1 Technician
Information Technology Services is seeking a Tier 1 IT Technician who is highly motivated and driven to provide excellence in customer service.
Primary responsibilities: Providing technical support to students and faculty/staff by email, phone, support tickets, or in person;
including troubleshooting problems with software, operating systems, computer hardware and network connections for faculty, staff and students.
Technicians are expected to maintain a broad and continually evolving knowledge of technology, policies, procedures and end user education.
$10.15 per hour. Up to 20 hours per week. Academic Year + Summer Hrs Possible.
Apply online at Technical Services Application.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate guidance and assistance in the operation of all hardware, software,
media, multimedia, and other equipment and technology supported by ITS, and resolve
problems or escalate as necessary.
- Proactively respond to walk-in and telephone inquiries by providing accurate answers
and solutions to common questions and problems, and escalating all other issues
as appropriate to help ensure a prompt and positive resolution for the end user.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting functions in ITS computer labs and
classrooms to ensure clean, productive working environments, and to resolve problems,
or escalate as appropriate.
- Closely follow timelines, checklists, and other reminders to ensure routine tasks
are properly and consistently completed.
- Enforce policies in ITS computer labs and classrooms.
- Maintain clean working spaces in all ITS computer labs and classrooms, as well as
in the User Services and storage areas of the ITS department.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of ITS.
- Continually build and improve job-related skills and knowledge, especially during
Infrastructure Technician I
Information Technology Services is seeking a highly motivated Infrastructure Technician I to provide computer support for Nebraska Business. The applicant must show maturity and attention to detail, as well as reliably provide technology support accurately and consistently. Pay is $11/hour for 15-25 hours per week (Monday-Friday). Work-study available.
- Image and prepare new computers. This will include working with Nebraska Business faculty, staff, and students to ensure proper software is installed before computer deployment.
- Troubleshoot escalated computer problems.
- Add/remove user accounts through Microsoft Active Directory.
- Opportunity to gain additional System Administrator responsibilities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, software, networking, printers, and servers
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills