Dr. Silvana Trimi earned her Ph.D. in management information systems from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, her M.A. in business management from UNL and her B.S. in finance from the University of Tirana, Albania. She joined the College of Business in 2001 and offers expertise in the areas of business/big data analytics, global information systems and supply chain, digital transformation and innovation, electronic commerce, and data communications and networking. Her teaching includes Data Analytics, Advanced ICT for Business Operation and Innovation, Global Information Systems, Enterprise Information Systems Management, Electronic Business, and Data Communications and Networking.
Her research interests are on Digital Transformation and Innovation, Innovation and Future Jobs, Social Networking, E/M-government, Organizational and IT Innovation, Digital Convergence, Big Data, Machine Learning and Neural Networking, Cybersecurity and Privacy, Smart Enterprise Systems and Knowledge Management.
She has published more than 60 articles in such journals as: Communications of the ACM, International Journal of Production Research, Journal of World Business, Communications of the AIS, Information and Management, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Journal of Business Research, Industrial Management and Data Systems, International Journal of Public Administration, Group Decision & Negotiation, Management Decision, Journal of Innovation and Knowledge, Journal of Knowledge Management and the Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education.
She is an Associate Editor of International Journal of IT Service, and Service Business: An International Journal. She has edited one special issue for Service Business: An International Journal, and has co-edited one special issue for International Journal of Information Technology and Management, and one for International Journal of Information & Decision Sciences.She serves in the Editorial Board of nine journals and in on Review Board of more than 15 journals. She has participated and presented her work in more than 40 national and international conferences, and has served in several professional committees. She has also received three research grants.
- Digital Transformation and the Future of Work
- Advanced IT and Organizational Agility and Innovation
- Technology Convergence
- E-government, M-government
- Electronic Business, Privacy and Security Issues in E-business
- Knowledge Management, e-Learning, Organizational
- Supply Chain and Demand Chain Management, Quality Management
- Digital Divide, Developmental Economics
- Advanced IT and Business Information Systems
- Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Global Information Systems
- Smart Supply Chain Management
- E-Business, M-Commerce
- Business Data Communications
- Communications of the ACM
- Journal of World Business
- Journal of Business Research
- Communication of ACM
- Communications of the AIS
- Communication of CIS
- Industrial Management and Data Systems
- International Journal of Public Administration
- Management Decision
- Journal of Innovation and Knowledge
- Journal of Computer Information Systems
- Electronic Government: An International Journal
- International Journal of Information Technology and Management
- International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Business Process Management Journal
- International Journal of Electronic Business
- International Journal of Services and Standards
Selected Refereed Publications
- Kim, D. W., Trimi, S., Hong, S. G., Lim, S., “The Effect of Co-creation on the Corporate Performance of Small and Medium Manufacturing Firms,” 2019, Journal of Business Research.
- Hui, H. and Trimi, S. “A Fuzzy TOPSIS Method for Performance Evaluation of Reverse Logistics in Social Commerce Platforms,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 103, pp. 133-145, 2018.
- Lee, S. M. and Trimi, S. “Innovation for Creating A Smart Future,” Journal of Innovation and Knowledge, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 2018.
- Welsh, D., Kaciak, E., Trimi, S., “Women Entrepreneurs and Family Firm Heterogeneity: Evidence from an Emerging Economy,” Group Decision & Negotiation, Vol. 27, Issue 3, pp. 445–465, June 2017.
- Lee, S. G., Trimi, S., Yang, Ch. G. “Perceived Usefulness Factors of Online Reviews: A Study of Amazon.Com,” Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 58, No. 4, 2017.
- Hong, S. Trimi, S., Kim, D. W., Hyun, J. H., “A Delphi Study of Factors Hindering Web Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities,” Journal of Computer Information Systems (JCIS), Vol. 55 No. 4, 2015.
- Kim, G.H., Trimi, S., Chung, J.H., "Big Data Applications in the Government Sector: A Comparative Analysis among Leading Countries," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 57. No. 3, 2014, pp. 78-85.
- Trimi, S. and Sheng, H. “Emerging Trends of M-Government,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 51, No. 5, 2008, pp. 53-58.
- Lee S. G., Trimi, S., Kim C. H. “The Impact of Cultural Differences on Technology Adoption,” Journal of World Business, Vol. 48, 2013, pp. 20-29.
- Lee, S.M., Park, S.H., Trimi, S. "Greening with IT: Practices of Leading Countries and Strategies of Followers," Management Decision, Vol. 51 No 3, 2013, pp.629 – 642.
- Lee, S.M., Olson, D., and Trimi, S., “Co-Innovation: Convergenomics, Collaboration, and Co-Creation for Organizational Values,” Management Decision, Vol. 50 No. 5, 2012, pp.817 – 831.
- Zaghloul, W., Lee, S. M., and Trimi, S. “Text Classification: Neural Networks vs. Support Vector Machines,” Industrial Management and Data Systems, Vol. 109 No. 5, 2009, pp. 708-717.
- Faja, S. and Trimi, S. “Privacy Concerns in E-Commerce: An Empirical Investigation of Gender Differences,” International Journal of Electronic Business, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2008, pp. 386-404.
- Trimi, S. and Galanxhi, H. “Congruence between Organizational and Individual Goals in Blogging,” International Journal of Information Technology and Management, Vol. 7, No. 2, 2008, pp. 120-133.
- Kim, S. and Trimi, S. “Information Technology for Knowledge Management in the Management Consulting Industry,” Journal of Knowledge Management, Volume 11, No. 3, 2007.
- Lee, S., Zuckweiler, K., and Trimi, S. “The Modernization of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 44, No. 23, 2006.
- Lee, S., Kim, I., Rhee, S., and Trimi, S. “Role of Exogenous Factors in Technology Acceptance: The Case of Object-Oriented Technology,” Information and Management, Volume 43, Number 4, June 2006.
- Faja, S. and Trimi, S. “Influence of the Web Vendor's Interventions on Privacy-Related Behaviors in E-Commerce," Communications of the AIS, Volume 17, 2006.
- Lee, S., Tang, X., and Trimi, S. “Current Practices of Leading e-Government Countries,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 48 No 10, 2005.
- IREX Research Grant, “M-Government in Albania: Technological Feasibility, e-Democracy, and Social Impact,” 2008-2009.
- Layman Grant, 2006-2007 and 2004-2005.
- Ethics Curriculum Grant, The Program in Business, Ethics and Society, 2005-2006 and 2007-2008.
- EPSCoR Grant, 2004.