I am currently taking appointments or working with new students. Visit go.unl.edu/BizAdvising to schedule an appointment with me or any other CoB Advisor on Student Success Hub (SSH) or go.unl.edu/BizWalkIn to sign-in for a drop-in session.
Megan Christensen is an Assistant Director for the College of Business Advising and Student Engagement team. She works with undergraduate business students as an academic advisor, leads first-year experience as well as transition initiatives. More specifically, Megan coordinates New Student Enrollment (NSE) efforts for the College of Business, leads the organization, development and delivery of the CoB online orientation seminar - BSAD 78: Start Smart, and assumes leadership of the Business Freshmen Advising Sessions. Megan also serves the UNL advising community through active participation in the UNL Academic Advising Association (AAA).
Megan’s first role at Nebraska Business was as an Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Business Study Abroad and International Programs. She coordinated recruitment, promotion, selection, and orientation of five study abroad programs, as well as planned, organized, and implemented orientation workshops and resources for international students.
Before coming to Nebraska Business in 2011, Megan worked as an Academic Counselor for Student Support Services (TRiO) at the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK). In this role, she taught two freshmen seminar courses, developed curriculum, assignments, and activities for first-year students, coordinated a mentoring program with 150+ students, served as an academic advisor to 100+ students, and developed and implemented educational and transitional events, presentations and programming related to academic, career, personal, financial, and professional development topics to under-represented students.
Megan earned her Master’s Degree in Counseling and School Psychology with an emphasis in Student Affairs from the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) in 2010, and her Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational Business Education 7-12, with a supplemental endorsement in Cooperative Education and Diversified Occupations from UNK in 2007.
Outside of work, Megan enjoys traveling, attending Husker sporting events & UNL/Lincoln activities, and spending time with her husband and daughter, and other family and friends.
- NACADA Region 6 Conference, Presenter
- Meeting Student Needs: Using Technology to "Start Smart", Omaha, NE, 2016
- Welcome to the Team! An Innovative Approach to Onboarding and Training New Advisors, Lincoln, NE, 2023
- UNL Academic Advising Association (AAA) Annual Conference, Presenter, Lincoln, NE
- Meeting Student Needs: Using Technology to "Start Smart", 2016
- Overcoming Obstacles through Parallel Planning, 2017
- Welcome to the Team! An Innovative Approach to Onboarding and Training New Advisors, 2023
National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), Member, 2011-present
Academic Advising Association (AAA), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Member, 2012-present
- Communications Coordinator, 2019-2020 & 2023-2024
- Conference Committee Member & Proposal Committee Chair, 2023
- Co-Chair, Best Practices & Professional Development Committee, 2017-2018
- Secretary, Executive Committee, 2015-2016
- Co-Chair, Networking Program & Networking Committee, 2014-2015
Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA), Member, 2010-2011, 2013-2014
Member, First Generation Nebraska Advisory Board, 2020-2022
Member, BASE Director Search Committee, 2020
Business Career Center Career Champions Program, 2019
Member, MBA Advisor and Business Career Center Assistant Director Search Committees, 2019
Chair, Business Academic Advisor Search Committees, 2018, 2016
Member, Internal Operations Task Force, UNL College of Business Strategic Planning Committee, 2018
Member, UNL College of Business Dean Search Committee, 2017