Dr. Elina Ibrayeva earned a Ph.D. in Political Economy from the Kazakh National State University in 1989 and a Ph.D. in Management from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in 1999. She joined the College of Business in 2012 with expertise in international management and organizational behavior.
She published in the Journal of International Business Studies and the Journal of World Business and contributed as a major collaborator to “Culture, Leadership, and Organizations: The GLOBE Study of 62 Societies” by Dr. Robert House, receiving a M. Scott Myers Award for Applied Research in the Workplace.
Her most recent publications include “Expanding Cutts Floral Distributors,” The Case Journal; “Destination Unknown: Duncan Aviation in a Global Economy,” The Case Journal; “SML Parking and RFID Technology,” Journal of Business and Economics and “Union Pacific: Deregulation and Beyond,” American Journal of Management.
- Ibrayeva, E. 2022, McGraw Hill Faculty Podcast “Maximizing Pedagogy for On-Campus and Online Courses”, November 3, 2022
- Ibrayeva, E. 2022, McGraw Hill Faculty Podcast “Three Ways to Engage Students in Undergraduate Management Courses” November 3, 2022
- Ibrayeva, E. (2022, June 5-6, Atlanta) "Online Course Design Incorporating Eight Best Learning Practices” National Teaching Professor Conference Presentation.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2021, September 16) Deconstructing Online MBA Assignments for Best Learning Practices. Presented at AACSB Online Learning Affinity Group Workshop.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2021, August 6) Using Canvas Discussion to Organize a Digital Storytelling Project in MNGT301. Presented at the 5th Annual Nebraska Canvas Users Event.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, August 7) Presenter, "Using Canvas Discussion to Create a Weekly Self-Reflection Journal in a Massive Introduction to Management Class." The Fourth Annual Nebraska Canvas Users Event: Best Remote Practices.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, June 16) "Raising the Bar: Management with Dr. Tawnya Means". Panelist, Zoom Conference by the Reinvention Collaborative Dedicated to Reinventing Undergraduate Education at Research Universities.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, June 10) Cracking the Code of Culture. Zoom Training for Nelnet Directors' Professional Development Day.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, January 31) Cracking the Code of Culture. Presented at the CoB Professional and Executive Center’s Half-Day Workshop
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) McGraw Hill “Management Insights” podcast series: “Using Self-Reflection in a Large Introduction to Management Class”
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) McGraw Hill “Management Insights” podcast series: “Building Blocks for an Effective Online Course Design”
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) Becoming a Mindful Leader. Presented at the CoB Professional and Executive Center’s Power Lunch
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) Cracking the Code of Culture. Presented at the CoB Professional and Executive Center’s Power Lunch
- Ibrayeva, E. (2017) Understanding Cultural Differences at ResourcePro. Paper submitted to TMT at ResourcePro
- Ibrayeva, E. (2017) Cracking the Code of Culture. A whole-day workshop presented at Qingdao’s office of ResourcePro in China
- Ibrayeva E. (2015)“Destination Unknown: Duncan Aviation in a Global Economy” The Case Journal, 11(2), 184-197.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2014). Expanding Cutts Floral Distributors. The Case Journal, 10(1), 24-40.
- Ibrayeva E. (2014)“Union Pacific: Deregulation and Beyond” American Journal of Management. 2014, Volume 14, Iss.1-2, pp.47-61.
- Ibrayeva E. (2014) “SML Parking and SFID Technology” case, Journal of Business and Economics. 2014, Volume 5, Number 10, pp.1709-1726.
- Luthans, F. & Ibrayeva, E. (2006). Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy in Central Asian Transition Economies: Quantitative and Qualitative Analyses. Journal of International Business Studies, 37, 92-100.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2006). Entrepreneurial behaviors in Central Asian transition economies. Proceedings of the 6th international business conference organized by the University of Economics, University of Economics in Bratislava and University of Economics, Prague, Slovakia (pp. 93-98).
- Ibrayeva, E. (2005). Cultural dimensions for selected countries in the East European cluster. Proceedings of the 5th international business conference "New Business Environment of the Slovak and the Czech Republics following their EU accession,” University of Economics in Bratislava and University of Economics, Prague, Slovakia (pp. 43-47).
- Ibrayeva, E. (2004) Major Collaborator for The Culture, Leadership & Organizations: The GLOBE Study of 62 Societies published by Sage and edited by R. House, et al.
- Luthans, F., Stajkovic, & Ibrayeva, E. (2000). Environmental and psychological challenges facing entrepreneurial development in transitional economies. Journal of World Business, 35 (1), 95-110.
- Luthans, F., Peterson, S., & Ibrayeva, E. (1998). The potential for the "dark side" of leadership in post-communist countries. Journal of World Business, 33 (2), 185-201.
- Ibrayeva, E. (1989-1993). Eight management articles published in Kazakhstan and Russia.
GRBA814 Applied Organizational Behavior
MNGT 828 Leadership in a Global Context
MNGT817 Positivity for Managers
GRBA852 International Business
MNGT414 International Management
MNGT301 Introduction to Management
MNGT 475 Strategic Management
MNGT 360 Organizational Behavior
MNGT361 Human Resource Management
MNGT 300 Essentials of Management for Non-Business Majors
BSAD 491 International Business with Trip to Panama
Developed BSAD 320 Global Issues course for the International Business program
Independent Undergraduate Study
Contracted Honors projects for UNL's Honors Program students
MNGT 301 and MNGT 414 course assignments were used by the College in the Assessment of Learning during the most recent AACSB accreditation
ADDITIONAL TEACHING INTERESTS
Positive Organizational Behavior and Positive Organizational Scholarship
Positive Psychology and Research on Happiness
Engaged in service for international non-profit organization A21 fighting Global Human Trafficking. Invited a guest speaker Allen Nunnally A21 Asia-Pacific Director to MNGT414 class and developed a new team MNGT414 course assignment where ten GLOBE clusters researched human trafficking in one country from their assigned cluster.
August 3, 2022. Employers Partners Day Faculty Lead Discussion for CoB Business Career Center
2021 - ACE 8&9 Redesign University Level Task Force Member
August 4, 2021. Employers Partners Day Presentation for CoB Business Career Center
UNL Faculty Senator from Department of Management
Co-Advisor for NUMSA (Nebraska University Malaysian Student Association)
Co-Advisor, International Business Club at the College of Business
2019-2021, International Student Career Readiness Certificate Program at the College of Business, Faculty Advisor
Take Parents to Lunch Program (TAPL) Volunteer, 2016-2019
UNL Husker Dialogues, Faculty Facilitator, 2018
Faculty Leader, Study Abroad Trip to Panama (2018)
Faculty Affiliate, Study Abroad Trip to Uganda (2016)
2018, July: Organizational Strategic Planning workshop for 25 Young African Leaders from Mandela Washington Civic Leader Fellowship. Workshop presented at UNL, Lincoln, NE
2017, July: Three workshops for 25 Young African Leaders from Mandela Washington Civic Leader Fellowship. Workshops presented at UNL, Lincoln, NE.
Was featured in several online "Inside Nebraska Business" publications in the last three years
2018, 2019, and 2020 Certificate of Recognition for Contributions to Students, UNL Teaching Council and the UNL Parents Association
2020 Nomination for CoB D’vee Buss Students First Award
Taught eight Egyptian students in Summer 2020 MNGT301 course as a part of a special opportunity funded by USAID and American-Mideast Educational and Training Services to provide U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative students an alternative to a traditional study abroad experience.
Was featured in the "International Business Fellow Faculty Profile" in the College of Business Spring 2020 International Business Program Report
2018 Mortar Board, Black Masque Chapter, UNL Senior Honors Society Outstanding Professor Award for upholding the Mortar Board Values of Scholarship, Leadership, and Service
International Business Fellow at the UNL's College of Business, CoB Dean's Coin Award
Since 2018 Certified Gallup Strengths Coach
2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016 Nominated for College of Business Excellence in Teaching Award
2017-2018 MBA Distance Teaching Award
2014- 2015 MBA Distance Teaching Award
Participated in the Global Management Forum three times ( 1993 - Barcelona, Spain, 2014 - Vienna, Austria, and 2019 - Vienna, Austria)