Dr. Elina Ibrayeva earned a Ph.D. in Political Economy from the Kazakh National State University in 1989 and a Ph.D. in Management from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in 1999. She joined the College of Business in 2012 with expertise in international management and organizational behavior.
She published in the Journal of International Business Studies and the Journal of World Business and contributed as a major collaborator to “Culture, Leadership, and Organizations: The GLOBE Study of 62 Societies” by Dr. Robert House, receiving a M. Scott Myers Award for Applied Research in the Workplace.
Her most recent publications include “Expanding Cutts Floral Distributors,” The Case Journal; “Destination Unknown: Duncan Aviation in a Global Economy,” The Case Journal; “SML Parking and RFID Technology,” Journal of Business and Economics and “Union Pacific: Deregulation and Beyond,” American Journal of Management.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, August 7) Presenter, "Using Canvas Discussion to Create a Weekly Self-Reflection Journal." The Nebraska Annual Canvas Users Event: Best Remote Practices.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, June 16) "Raising the Bar: Management with Dr. Tawnya Means". Panelist, Zoom Conference by the Reinvention Collaborative Dedicated to Reinventing Undergraduate Education at Research Universities.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, June 10) Cracking the Code of Culture. Zoom Training for Nelnet Directors' Professional Development Day.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2020, January 31) Cracking the Code of Culture. Presented at the CoB Professional and Executive Center’s Half-Day Workshop
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) McGraw Hill “Management Insights” podcast series: “Using Self-Reflection in a Large Introduction to Management Class”
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) McGraw Hill “Management Insights” podcast series: “Building Blocks for an Effective Online Course Design”
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) Becoming a Mindful Leader. Presented at the CoB Professional and Executive Center’s Power Lunch
Ibrayeva, E. (2019) Cracking the Code of Culture. Presented at the CoB Professional and Executive Center’s Power Lunch
- Ibrayeva, E. (2017) Understanding Cultural Differences at ResourcePro. Paper submitted to TMT at ResourcePro
- Ibrayeva, E. (2017) Cracking the Code of Culture. A whole-day workshop presented at Qingdao’s office of ResourcePro in China
- Ibrayeva E. (2015)“Destination Unknown: Duncan Aviation in a Global Economy” The Case Journal, 11(2), 184-197.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2014). Expanding Cutts Floral Distributors. The Case Journal, 10(1), 24-40.
- Ibrayeva E. (2014)“Union Pacific: Deregulation and Beyond” American Journal of Management. 2014, Volume 14, Iss.1-2, pp.47-61.
- Ibrayeva E. (2014) “SML Parking and SFID Technology” case, Journal of Business and Economics. 2014, Volume 5, Number 10, pp.1709-1726.
- Luthans, F. & Ibrayeva, E. (2006). Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy in Central Asian Transition Economies: Quantitative and Qualitative Analyses. Journal of International Business Studies, 37, 92-100.
- Ibrayeva, E. (2006). Entrepreneurial behaviors in Central Asian transition economies. Proceedings of the 6th international business conference organized by the University of Economics, University of Economics in Bratislava and University of Economics, Prague, Slovakia (pp. 93-98).
- Ibrayeva, E. (2005). Cultural dimensions for selected countries in the East European cluster. Proceedings of the 5th international business conference "New Business Environment of the Slovak and the Czech Republics following their EU accession,” University of Economics in Bratislava and University of Economics, Prague, Slovakia (pp. 43-47).
- Ibrayeva, E. (2004) Major Collaborator for The Culture, Leadership & Organizations: The GLOBE Study of 62 Societies published by Sage and edited by R. House, et al.
- Luthans, F., Stajkovic, & Ibrayeva, E. (2000). Environmental and psychological challenges facing entrepreneurial development in transitional economies. Journal of World Business, 35 (1), 95-110.
- Luthans, F., Peterson, S., & Ibrayeva, E. (1998). The potential for the "dark side" of leadership in post-communist countries. Journal of World Business, 33 (2), 185-201.
- Ibrayeva, E. (1989-1993). Eight management articles published in Kazakhstan and Russia.
GRBA814 Applied Organizational Behavior
MNGT 828 Leadership in a Global Context
MNGT817 Positivity for Managers
GRBA852 International Business
MNGT414 International Management
MNGT301 Introduction to Management
MNGT 475 Strategic Management
MNGT 360 Organizational Behavior
MNGT361 Human Resource Management
MNGT 300 Essentials of Management for Non-Business Majors
BSAD 491 International Business with Trip to Panama
Developed BSAD 320 Global Issues course for the International Business program
ADDITIONAL TEACHING INTERESTS
Positive Organizational Behavior and Organizational Scholarship
Positive Psychology and Research on Happiness
UNL Faculty Senator from the Department of Management
Advisor for NUMSA (Nebraska University Malaysian Student Association)
Co-Advisor, International Business Club at the College of Business
UNL Husker Dialogues, Faculty Facilitator
Faculty Leader, Study Abroad Trip to Panama (2018)
Faculty Affiliate, Study Abroad Trip to Uganda (2016)
Second UNL Parents' Recognition Award (2018, 2019)
2018 Mortar Board, Black Masque Chapter, UNL Senior Honors Society Outstanding Professor Award for upholding the Mortar Board Values of Scholarship, Leadership, and Service
International Business Fellow at the UNL's College of Business, CoB Dean's Coin Award
Since 2018 Certified Gallup Strengths Coach
2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 Nominated for College of Business Excellence in Teaching Award
2017-2018 MBA Distance Teaching Award
2014- 2015 MBA Distance Teaching Award
Nebraska Business Publications:
Nebraska Business Online Article about Elina's work at the College of Business
Dr. Bryan Buechel, a former MBA student who works for a Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, discusses the impact of Elina's two MBA courses:
Isaiah Roby, one of the Husker basketball team members, mentioned Elina as a person who made the most impact on him as a professor: