Fall 2023 Office Hours
Anwesha is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the College of Business, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Before joining the University, she spent two years at Universita Bocconi, Italy, as an Assistant Professor in their Marketing Department. Her research interests lie in Social Media, Influencer Marketing, Digital Marketing, Advertising, and Branding. She studies how the alignment of a brand’s marketing communication strategies and media consumption habits of consumers impact outcomes such as Brand Equity and Brand Engagement. Her research has been published in Marketing Science. She received a Ph.D. in Business from Indiana University, a Master’s in Statistics (Mumbai University), and an MBA (XLRI Jamshedpur), India. Before joining academia, she worked in the Media and Panel group of Kantar IMRB and in the Customer Intelligence Unit at HDFC Bank.
- Social Media
- Influencer Marketing
- Digital Marketing
Fossen, B. L., Mallapragada, G., & De, A. (2021). Impact of political television advertisements on viewers’ response to subsequent advertisements. Marketing Science, 40(2), 305-324.
Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce (MRKT 441) - Strategies to deal with opportunities and challenges of evolving technology and marketing in digital networks of customers, suppliers, and employees; social and mobile marketing; different interactive marketing platforms for e-commerce; the future and strategic, societal, and ethical implications of technology and interactive marketing in e-commerce.
Marketing Management (MRKT 442) - Application of marketing principles to the solution of a wide variety of problems involving influence of the consumer, choice of channels, marketing legislation, and the management of merchandising, advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, pricing, and marketing research.
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Research
- Dalton Publication Award, Kelley School, Indiana University 2020
- AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow 2020
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow, UT Austin 2020
- Finalist at Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition, Indiana University 2020
- Doctoral Student Research Travel Award, Indiana University 2019
- Doctoral Student Research Productivity Award, Kelley School, Indiana University 2019
- AMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Vancouver 2019
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow, Kelley School, Indiana University 2019
- Doctoral Student Research Productivity Award, Kelley School, Indiana University 2018
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow, University of Missouri 2018
- Dean’s Fellowship, Kelley School, Indiana University 2016
Selected Media Placement
News at IU Bloomington, Indiana University News Podcast, EurekAlert!, Newswise