Do you excel at inspiring and empowering others? Are you great at conversation and seeing the strengths of others?
Do you desire to be part of a groundbreaking approach to impact student success?
Apply to be a Student Strengths Coach and work with first-year business students in Investing in Strengths (BSAD 111)
for the first eight weeks of the fall 2023 semester. You will be trained and certified as a student strengths coach and
will work with a team of equally talented peers to help students understand and apply their strengths to be more engaged
in school and have higher life well-being.
Any UNL student who is enrolled in at least 6 credit hours may apply.
Applications will open Summer 2023 for the 2024-25 Academic Year
On students’ Top 5
About their college experience
and future career success
On their Top 5
You’ll be trained and certified as a student strengths coach and work with a team of equally talented peers to help students understand and
apply their strengths to be more engaged in school and have higher life well-being.
• Lead a 50-minute team meeting of 8-10 students once a week for eight weeks
• Lead two 30-minute, one-on-one strengths coaching sessions with each member of your team
• Attend a one-hour coach meeting per week for continued training
• Monitor your students’ progress through your gradebook in Canvas
• Successfully complete the Students Strengths Coach Training Course (MNGT 451, 3 credit hours, Tuesdays 3:30-6:20 p.m.)
• Open to ALL majors and colleges
• Engaged and energized by helping students understand and apply their strengths to be successful
• Commit to the semester-long Strengths Coach Training Course (MNGT 451)
• Available to work up to six hours a week during the first eight weeks of the fall semester
• Must be at least a part-time student at UNL
• Must maintain a 2.5 grade point average or above to be eligible for MNGT 451 and coaching
• Cannot be on academic probation during MNGT 451 or coaching
• Learn about a student development approach grounded in positive psychology used on 900 campuses
• Leverage your own CliftonStrengths themes to create a positive environment for students to grow
• Develop leadership skills
• Be trained and certified as a student strengths coach on the CliftonStrengths Assessment
• Undergraduates are paid hourly for their work in the eight weeks
August 1: Application Opens
October 1: Application Closes
Mid-October: Finalists Notified
End of October: Interviews
Clifton Strengths Institute
P.O. Box 880405
Lincoln, NE 68588-0405