You may apply for admission for the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters. Students admitted before the semester starts may take classes in either of the two eight-week terms (term A or term B) offered that semester. If you miss the semester deadline, you will be considered for admission in the following semester. Application deadlines are July 1 for the Fall semester, November 1 for the Spring semester, and April 1 for the Summer semester.
Bachelor’s Degree, 3.0 GPA Recommended
Provide unofficial transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended. Official transcripts will be required for admission.
GMAT or GRE Score
- A GMAT score of 600 is highly recommended. Alternatively, a comparable GRE score will be considered. Scores must be from the last five years.
- Applicants to the MBA program who hold a Ph.D., JD, MD or Pharm D, or are currently enrolled in medical school do not have to submit a GMAT or GRE score. MBA applicants who have been admitted to the Nebraska College of Law do not have to submit a GMAT or GRE score.
- If you have 7 or more years of significant managerial, operational or decision-making experience and an acceptable undergraduate GPA, you may apply for a GMAT waiver. Please include your current supervisor as one of your references. In the first part of your Personal Statement, you should include your request for the GMAT waiver based on your work experience. All GMAT waivers will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. To be considered for a GMAT waiver, candidates must submit an application.
- Students with 3+ years of significant professional work experience and satisfactory performance in a College of Business certificate (generally defined as 3.5 GPA or higher) may also apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver. Please note successful completion of a graduate certificate does not guarantee a GMAT/GRE waiver. All GMAT/GRE waivers will be determined on a case-by-case basis based on quantity and quality of work experience, past academic performance and quality of application materials.
- If you choose to take the GMAT, please have your results forwarded to Nebraska (school code S40-HW-48). Once you take the exam, enter your unofficial scores into the graduate application. GMAT scores more than five years old will not be accepted. Please visit the official GMAT website for more information and to register for the test.
- If you choose to take the GRE, please have your results forwarded to Nebraska (school code 6877). Once you take the exam, enter your unofficial scores into the graduate application. GRE scores more than five years old will not be accepted. A comparison tool is available to see how your GRE scores compare to our recommended 600 GMAT score. Please visit the official GRE website for more information and to register for the test.
Three Reference Names and Contact Information
All three references must be former or current supervisors or professors. Nebraska will contact your references only if the committee deems it necessary. You do not need to include letters of recommendations.
All applicants are required to submit a personal statement of 750 words or less through the graduate application. The statement is evaluated on content, sentence structure and grammar. Your personal statement should include the following:
• Briefly describe your past professional experience and relevant skills.
• What would you contribute to our MBA program?
• What are some of your short- and long-term professional goals?
• How would a University of Nebraska–Lincoln MBA assist you in achieving your goals?
A professional resume should be submitted through the graduate application. Please include the following: relevant work experience, skills and involvement and education.
TOEFL Exam (Required for International Students)
TOEFL score (minimum score of 550 written, 213 computer based or 80 iBT)
Alternatively, international students may submit IELTS scores. A score of 6.5 is required.
Prerequisites for MBA Program
You must have completed college-level statistics before you take the required economics and finance courses. If you have not taken statistics, you can fulfill this prerequisite at any accredited undergraduate school.
One Year Accumulated Work Experience
Applicants for MBA@Nebraska are required to have at least one year of accumulated professional work experience. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.