- Welbourn, T.W. and K. Gibson (2015), Building Human Capital Advantage in Initial Public Offerings (IPOs): The Effect on Long-Term Survival and Performance. Academy of Management Proceedings..
- Purzycki, B. and K. Gibson (2011), Religion and Violence: An Anthropological Study on Religious Belief and Violent Behavior, Skeptic Magazine. 16(2).
- Gibson, K., Rogers, A., Cashdan, E. (2011), Online Teaching Guidebook, Department of Anthropology. University of Utah.
- Gibson, K. (2009), Differential Parental Investment in Families with both Adopted and Genetic Children, Evolution and Human Behavior. 30(3:184-189).
- Gibson, K. (2005), Punitive Behavior in eBay Auctions, Nebraska Anthropologist. 20:23-28.
- Gibson, K. (2004), Evolutionary Theory in Anthropology: Providing Ultimate Explanations for Human Behavior, Nebraska Anthropologist. 19:1-3.
- Gibson, K., (n.d.), On Quitting. Manuscript in preparation.
- Gibson, K., (n.d.), Operational Sex Ratio as a Predictor of Suicide Attacks, Manuscript in preparation.
- Gibson, K., (n.d.), The Evolution of Small Adult Body Size in Homo Floresiensis, Manuscript in preparation.
- Hawkes, K., Parker, C., Keefe, E., Gibson, K., Kennedy, B., Parish, A. (n.d.), Rock of Ages: An Experimental Analysis of Children’s Construction of Stone Tools. Working paper. University of Utah Department of Anthropology.
- 2018 Making Your Own Way: From Nebraska Roots to National Success. Lincoln Calling Music Festival Panel (Moderator).
- 2018 Anthropology in Entrepreneurship and Business: Discovery, Diversity and Responsibility. Department of Anthropology Colloquium Series, UNL.
- 2017 On Quitting: Perspectives from Anthropology, Entrepreneurship, and Ecology. Nerd Nite Lincoln.
- 2016 Applied Anthropology. Department of Anthropology, UNL.
- 2015 Website Optimization and Online Analytics. ExporTech MEP Annual Meeting, Innovation Campus, UNL.
- 2015, 2018 Same Sex Parenting. Department of Anthropology, UNL.
- 2015 Suicide Terrorism and Religious Violence. Department of Classics and Religious Studies, UNL.
- 2009 Demographic and Individual Factors as Causes of Suicide Terrorism. Human Behavior and Evolution Society Annual Meeting. California State – Fullerton.
- 2009 Demographic Aggression: Do Populations with High Operational Sex and Young-Old Ratios Produce More Suicide Terrorists? Tanner Forum on Violence and Aggression, University of Utah.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND COURSES DEVLOPED
- UNL Entrepreneurship Minor
- UNL Practicum in Entrepreneurship
- UNL Family Business Culture and History Project
SELECTED CONSULTING CLIENTS
Business Plan Development and Decision Making (ENTR 823) - With Theresa Wellbourne, Ph.D.
Field Methods in Ethnography (ANTH 882) - With Wayne Babchuck, Ph.D.
Practicum in Entrepreneurship (ENTR 424)
Special Topics in Entrepreneurship / Consultatoin (ENTR 398)
Business Plan Development and Decision Making (ENTR 423) - With Theresa Wellbourne, Ph.D.
Field Methods in Ethnography (ANTH 482) - With Wayne Babchuck, Ph.D.
Human Universals (University of Utah - Anthropology 4130)
Human Origins: Evolution and Diversity (TA, University of Utah - Anthropology 1020)
Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (TA, University of Nebraska - Lincoln - Anthropology 232)
Introduction to Anthropology (TA, University of Nebraska - Lincoln - Anthropology 110)
- Ethnographic Methods
- Customer Discovery
- Product Development
- Market Discovery
- Applied Anthropology
- Evolutionary Anthropology
- Evolutionary Theory
- Ecological Theory