My mission is to maximize the educational experience for college students. I do this by advising students on their career development and strategically overseeing career programs. Reflective, focused, and future-oriented - I am especially strong in gathering, interpreting, and reporting large amounts of information, developing new and refining current processes and procedures, making diligent and transparent decisions, and seeing the big picture and small details at the same time. I am a natural introvert who loves to collaborate with others to solve problems - especially when it comes to career concerns of college students!
• CAREER EXPERT with strong results in a higher education setting
• 12 years of experience in STUDENT AFFAIRS including career services, academic advising, and recruiting at the department and college level
• 5 years of experience in administrative roles including strategic planning, creation of new programs, project management, assessment/reporting, and supervision.
• PHD CANDIDATE (ABD) in Educational Studies with an emphasis in Educational Leadership and Higher Education and a minor in applied research methods
• Strong RESEARCH and ASSESSMENT skills in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods designs
Outside of work, I enjoy staying healthy, doing small home improvement projects, staying up-to-date on current events, and livin' life in the country on our acreage with my husband and three little boys.
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Career Development & Planning (BSAD 222)
Internship & Job Search Strategies (BSAD 333)
Professional & Life Skills (BSAD 444)
University of Nebraska Board of Regents Kudos Award, 2010