- The Nebraska Business Student Advisory Board created the Student of the Month Award to recognize outstanding undergraduate students in the College of Business
who have contributed to the engagement and community of the college.
- At the end of the year, there will be seven winners of Student of the Month. These seven students will then be eligible to win a Student of the Year Award,
which will be sponsored by a supporting, outside organization. The winner of Student of the Year will be awarded a scholarship of $500 provided by this sponsor organization.
- The College of Business Student of the Month is a student who displays hard work in the classroom, active involvement within the college and the community,
and leadership skills. This is a student who has devoted impressive time and effort to his/her education and personal and professional development.
He/she is driven to be successful, is involved on campus, and is making a noticeable impact within the university or College of Business.
He/she goes above and beyond normal standards and raises the bar for others. He/she stands out amongst his/her peers and is a positive influence on everyone.
Benefits of winning Student of the Month include:
- Recognition within the College of Business
- Ability to meet and connect with Dean Farrell and other faculty members
- Qualification for the Student of the Year Award and $500 scholarship
- Opportunity to connect with employers of the sponsoring organization
Students will be selected during each of the following months of the academic school year: September, October, November, January, February, and March.
- For the 2018-19 academic year, nomination deadlines are: September 28, October 31, November 30, January 31, February 28 and March 29.
If students are nominated, an email with the application link will be sent to you. Otherwise, students can apply without a nomination
and will need to include a faculty or staff member's contact information for a reference.
- Students can reapply each month. Nominations and references will be carried over.
- Applications are available for submission at any point throughout the semester.
- Applications must be submitted by the last Friday of the current month to be considered for that month’s award.
Student of the Month:
The student who is selected for Student of the Month will be announced during the second week of the following month. (For example, we will announce the September winner on October 12).
- Winner will be announced via College of Business social media and the honoree will also be sent a personal e-mail from Dean Farrell. They will also receive a certificate from the office of the Dean.
- The winners will also be recognized and listed on this page of the College of Business’ website.
Student of the Year:
The seven candidates and former student of the Month honorees will have a breakfast with Dean Farrell and representatives from the sponsoring organization.
This will take place at the end of April. At the breakfast, the Student of the Year Award winner will be announced and the $500 scholarship will be presented.
The winner will be recognized by listed on the College of Business’ website and the college's social media.
- At least a 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- (High School GPA if evaluating first semester freshmen)
- Letter of Nomination - College of Business Staff/Faculty/Student (non-family member)
- If students are applying for the award without a nomination, students will need a Faculty or Staff listed in the application as a referral
- *Graduating seniors will be ineligible to receive the scholarship
- *Only College of Business majors will be considered.