Our Master of Arts in Business with a specialization in Intercollegiate Athletics Administration (MAIAA) program is designed for students who want a competitive career
advantage in intercollegiate or professional athletics. It uniquely combines current business principles with hands-on experience with Nebraska Athletics.
Program Information Request
Information Webinar Session
To qualify to enroll in the MAIAA program the following admissions requirements must be met:
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Recommended undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• GMAT score of 500 or higher or equivalent GRE score
• Official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions and institutions of any additional college coursework
• Current resume
• Personal statement detailing past professional experience and relevant skills, what you will contribute to the MAIAA program, your short and long term professional goals, and how completing the MAIAA
at Nebraska will assist you in achieving your goals
• Contact information for three references
As a second-year student, you are guaranteed a one-year graduate assistantship with stipend in Nebraska Athletics. You get to roll up your sleeves and learn by doing 20 hours a week in athletic department areas such as life skills, academic programs, and events and hospitality. Health benefits are also included.
Along with your 20-hour graduate assistant position, you can stretch your strengths through unlimited opportunities.
Visit other college and university athletic programs, network with professionals in the industry and compete in national case competitions.
Huskers with relentless desire to grow and a tireless work ethic can seek to volunteer at select athletic events. These include the Final Four, Big Ten tournaments,
the College World Series and more. Through these hands-on experiences, you build the grit you need to succeed in athletics.
With a strong community both at the college and around the world, you can connect with faculty, staff and other MAIAA cohorts,
as well as past graduates of the MAIAA program and professionals in the industry.
Our alumni shape college athletics at universities such as Stanford University, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Ohio State University, University of Missouri and University of South Florida.
Our MAIAA Advisory Board is comprised of successful professionals in the athletic industry and meets on campus annually.
Your curriculum is founded in MBA coursework that is a game changer in preparing you for your career. With specialized classes focused
on athletics administration added, you learn from and network with professionals in the industry. Throughout your program, you gain strong knowledge and
keen insight into the business of intercollegiate athletics.
• Visit other college and university athletic programs
• Network with professionals in the industry
• Compete in national case competitions
• Volunteer for select athletic events like the Big Ten tournaments, the Final Four, the College World Series and more
• Attend athletics conferences and symposiums
• Approachable faculty
• Knowledgeable staff
• Engaged alumni
• Experienced industry professionals
• Involved MAIAA advisory board
• Supportive peers
• Connections to NCAA conferences and divisions, professional sports and major broadcasting networks
• Opportunities to intern in Big Ten athletics and NCAA championship events
• Personalized mentoring from industry leaders
Home to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, the city of Lincoln consistently ranks
among the highest U.S. cities for livability thanks to a low cost of living, great schools
and friendly, community-minded residents. Set amidst a big sky and open landscape, the
city is simple to navigate with a nationally noted low crime rate, a wide range of housing
choices and a reliable public transit system. As one of the fastest growing metro areas
in the Midwest, Lincoln boasts a growing technology sector, more parkland per capita
than all but a few U.S. cities, an extensive bike trail network and numerous options for
recreational and personal interest activities. It’s easy to feel at home here.
Points of Pride
Program Information Request Information Webinar Session