Strive to Thrive Lincoln provides Nebraska Business students in the Management 411 class with the opportunity to grant funds to organizations that empower disadvantaged families in Lincoln/Lancaster County to attain sustainable, positive change, with special consideration given to those organizations that serve youth. This hands-on opportunity allows students to be philanthropic and work with nonprofits in Lincoln and Lancaster County.
Strive to Thrive Lincoln has been entrusted with $10,000 to allocate grants to nonprofits in Lincoln and Lancaster County. The class can award a minimum grant of $2,000 to multiple nonprofits up to a single maximum grant of $10,000.
- Application Due Date: Friday, October 5, 2018; 5 p.m. CDT
- Notification of Site Visit Request: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Site Visits: Monday, October 29, 2018, or Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- Notification of Winners: Monday, November 19, 2018
- Awards Ceremony: Wednesday, November 28, 2018; 4-5 p.m. – Howard L. Hawks Hall, Henrickson Family Atrium, 730 N. 14th Street, Lincoln
All proposals must be uploaded by Friday, October 5, 2018, 5 p.m. CDT, for consideration. Materials must be submitted on time, complete and professional (typed, grammatically correct, etc.) A site visit will be conducted if your organization is selected as a finalist.
Organizations selected to receive all or part of the grant will be required to provide a report that includes how the money was used, who was impacted and to what degree the community was impacted. The report must be submitted within 30 days after the funds are spent.