Strive to Thrive Lincoln provides Nebraska Business students in the Management 411 class with the opportunity to grant funds to organizations that empower people in need through education, awareness and enrichment in Lincoln and/or Lancaster County, with special consideration given to those serving traditional and nontraditional families. This hands-on opportunity allows students to be philanthropic and work with nonprofits in Lincoln and Lancaster County.
Strive to Thrive Lincoln has been entrusted with $10,000 to allocate grants to nonprofits in Lincoln and Lancaster County. The class can award a minimum grant of $2,000 to multiple nonprofits up to a single maximum grant of $10,000.
- Application Due Date: Friday, February 23, 2018; 5 p.m. CDT
- Notification of Site Visit Request: Monday, March 5, 2018
- Site Visits: Monday, March 12, 2018, or Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 3-4:15 p.m.
- Notification of Winners: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Awards Ceremony: Wednesday, April 18, 2018; 4:30-5:30 p.m. – Howard L. Hawks Hall, Second Floor Atrium, 730 N. 14th Street, Lincoln
All proposals must be uploaded by Friday, February 23, 2018, 5 p.m. CDT, for consideration. Materials must be submitted on time, complete and professional (typed, grammatically correct, etc.) A site visit will be conducted if your organization is selected as a finalist.
Organizations selected to receive all or part of the grant will be required to provide a report that includes how the money was used, who was impacted and to what degree the community was impacted. The report must be submitted within 30 days after the funds are spent.