Due to on-going precautions for Coronavirus (COVID-19), in-person College of Business events and events planned for Hawks Hall are currently suspended. We feel it is the responsible decision to protect the health of our community members. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
In this month’s Business Learning Series, learn to manage the financial aspects of your business quickly and efficiently using QuickBooks. This powerful accounting software program has helped thousands of business owners just like you. Whether you're new to QuickBooks or have already used other versions of this software program, this course will empower you to take control of the financials. Business owners, as well as accounting representatives for small to medium businesses, are welcome.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn everything you need to know about running QuickBooks in a small to mid-sized business
- Discover how to set up a chart of accounts, reconcile your checking account, and create estimates
- Learn to create and print invoices, receipts and statements
- Understand how to track payables, inventory, and receivables
- Gain the knowledge you need to generate reports
Training materials will be provided for the use of each participant. This is a two-day workshop.
March 19, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Lesson 1: Intro To QuickBooks
- Lesson 2: “Accounting 101”
- Lesson 3: Setting Up QuickBooks
- Lesson 4: Chart of Accounts Setup and Tips
- Lesson 5: Lists - Items, Customers, Vendors
- Lesson 6: Getting Sales into QuickBooks
- Lesson 7: Bank Accounts & Making Deposits
- Lesson 8: Paying Bills
March 20, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Lesson 1: Analyzing Financial Data
- Lesson 2: Job Costing and Progress Invoicing
- Lesson 3: Tracking Time T-Sheets
- Lesson 4: Sales Tax
- Lesson 5: Credit Cards/Online Banking
- Lesson 6: Payroll - Complete Breakdown
- Lesson 7: Customizing Forms and Letters
Jacob Malousek with Ark Financial Services. He has developed a training program to help small businesses learn and understand how to use QuickBooks to effectively operate and manage their operations. Ark Financial Services has worked with over 1300 small businesses and organizations helping them develop their bookkeeping systems.
March 19-20 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | HLH Room 231
Lunch will be provided. Parking is available at the 14th & Avery Parking Garage just north of Howard L. Hawks Hall.