Connection + Engagement
Build meaningful connections and engagement, by serving as an academic hub that fosters mutually beneficial, enduring relationships among its stakeholders that enrich learning for all.
Nebraska Business is the academic hub that fosters mutually beneficial, enduring relationships among its stakeholders. Engaging alumni and a wide variety of external stakeholders
with faculty, students and staff enhances our research and discovery, and enriches learning for all. Building and deepening these connections extends our reach and the scope of our
impact. To ensure that Nebraska Business is the place to be we will:
- Share our expertise to assist stakeholders with their business-related challenges;
- Collaborate with our external community to secure input for curriculum development, research support and internships;
- Annually engage and involve all living alumni of Nebraska Business in a meaningful way;
- Communicate and solidify our reputation with the external stakeholders as Nebraska Business – the place of discovery, opportunity and empowerment; and
- Partner with external stakeholders to achieve greater financial self-sufficiency.
Community + Culture
Maintain a welcoming, collegial and supportive environment that attracts and retains a vibrant and diverse faculty, staff and students.
Operations + Resources
Enhance the efficient utilization of resources and develop additional funding opportunities to support faculty, staff, students, facilities and technology in pursuit of the overall mission of Nebraska Business.
Communications + Branding
Enhance the quality of communication to all stakeholders to solidify our reputation as Nebraska Business – the place of discovery, opportunity and empowerment.
We will measure our achievement of the overall mission through the following metrics:
- Progress toward university goals, specifically related to:
- Enrollment growth while maintaining academic standards;
- Increased graduation rates; and
- Increased retention rates to the University.
- Consistent production of high quality and impactful research;
- Improved placement and internship outcomes;
- Enhanced diversity among faculty, staff and students;
- Consistent use of climate and engagement surveys of faculty, staff and students;
- Growth in college endowment and alumni giving;
- Increased number and quality of applications submitted to distinctive programs;
- Enhanced outreach and engagement with alumni and business partners leading to successful collaborative efforts;
- Meeting all AACSB standards of accreditation and exceeding them where feasible.
Nebraska Business hired a new Dean in the fall of 2017. With the help of Academic Leadership Association, an external facilitator, we launched a strategic planning process in the spring of 2018. The process began with a two-day workshop where we gathered over 45 people who represented various stakeholders including faculty, staff, students, alumni, business partners and university representatives. We reviewed trends in higher education and business education, conducted a stakeholder analysis, assessed our positioning within the university and debated how to achieve the next level of excellence. Six working groups focused their discussions on people, programs, external relations, research and scholarship, internal operations, and mission, vision, values, while deriving input and feedback from various stakeholders.
Nebraska Business will remain true to the university’s core mission as a land grant institution, while emerging as a premier public business college in the United States through innovative research, dedicated teaching and committed service to our community. We will support a collaborative research culture that engages with industry and produces knowledge to provide new insights that inform business leaders. We will broaden student thinking by creating learning laboratories to support experiential and transformational learning opportunities that cultivate awareness of critical societal and global issues. We will expand our collaborative networks and serve as an academic hub to all of our stakeholders.