College of Business Admission
Off campus transfer students are directly admitted to the College of Business if they:
have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA at their previous institution.
On campus transfer students are admitted to the College of Business if they:
have a 2.5 cumulative GPA at Nebraska.
Course admission requirements for all majors within the College are the same as those
for University Admission as noted under
Nebraska General Admission
Importance of Business Qualified
While not required, transfer students are encouraged to be Business Qualified by the time
they start classes at Nebraska. College of Business students need to be Business Qualified in order to take
Intermediate business courses which are important for degree sequencing. A student is Business
Qualified when they have the following requirements complete:
- MATH 104/106: Applied Calculus/Calculus I
- ACCT 201: Introductory Accounting I
- ACCT 202: Introductory Accounting II
- ECON 211: Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 212: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 215: Statistics
- BSAD 220: Business Writing
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
Transfer students who are not Business Qualified at the time of transfer will work with
an advisor to take needed coursework.