CURRICULUM and LOGISTICS
The joint Master of Architecture/MBA program requires 73 credit hours – 40 hours from architecture + 33 hours of MBA courses.
NOTE: For architecture courses that will count toward the MBA degree, students must register for the 800 or
900 level graduate course – NOT the 500 or 600 level ARCH course.
Core Requirements (30 credit hours)
- GRBA808 – Intro to Business Strategy
- GRBA809 – Financial Accounting
- GRBA811 – Managerial Finance
- GRBA812 – Managerial Economics
- GRBA813 – Applied Managerial Marketing
- GRBA814 – Applied Organizational Behavior
- GRBA815 – Supply Chain Management Strategies
- GRBA816 – Strategic Human Resource Management
- GRBA851 – Business Analytics
- GRBA853 – Strategic Management and Business Policy (required capstone course to be taken in last semester of the MBA)
Some core requirements may be able to be waived if an approved, equivalent, senior-level course was taken in the student's undergraduate program.
Nebraska courses that will be considered in lieu of MBA core requirements:
- ACCT408 – Advanced Managerial Accounting may be substituted for GRBA810
- FINA461 – Advanced Finance may be substituted for GRBA811
- ECON311 and 312 – Intermediate Macro and Microeconomics may be substituted for GRBA812
Waivers will not be granted based on courses that were taken more than five years ago.
Electives (3 credit hours)
This elective course must come from one of the five interdepartmental business areas – accountancy, economics, finance, management and marketing.
GRBA098 – MBA Assessment (0 credit hours)
This is required of all graduating MBA students for assessment data collection. Students will be required to successfully
complete and pass the Major Field Test (a nationally normed exit exam), the MBA program exit survey, and an employment survey.
Memorandum of Courses
Students will list the 10 core MBA courses, one business elective, and ARCH 810 and ARCH 811 or other approved 800 to 900 architecture
courses on their Memorandum of Courses.