The business analytics minor is a 12 hour program. SCMA350 or MRKT350 (a required College of Business core course) is a prerequisite to taking all of the SCMA or MRKT courses listed below.
- SCMS 335 - Supply Chain Decision Making Models (unless an SCMS major*)
- SCMS 451 - Introduction to Predictive Analytics – business analytic tools
- SCMS 452 - Database Management Systems – big data plus data mining
One (two if an SCMS student) of the following directed elective courses:
- ACCT 308 - Managerial Accounting – cost accounting
- ACCT 309 - Accounting Systems – information systems in accounting
- MRKT 355 - Marketing Metrics (prerequisite is MRKT 341, a required College of Business core course)
- SCMS 437 - Supply Chain Risk Management (prerequisite is SCMA331, a required College of Business core course)
* No students may double count any courses. Thus, accounting students cannot count ACCT308 Managerial Accounting or ACCT309 Accounting Systems toward the business analytics minor, nor can supply chain management students count SCMA335 Supply Chain Decision Making Models or SCMA 437 Supply Chain Risk Management (if it is included in their supply chain management major). Marketing students cannot count MRKT 355 Marketing Metrics towards the business analytics minor if it is used in their marketing major.